Friday, January 7, 2011

30 observations



This is me. Very cold. Thrashed by wind daily in Iceland.

This is my blog. It is an extension of my blog SPATIAL MUSE and documents the 30 observations project: I have decided to record the 30 experiments or observations. I am starting this now, in January/February 2011, while I'm at Nes Listamidstod Artist Residency in Skagaströnd, Iceland.

Some days, like today (i.e snowstorm), the weather will greatly influence what I can and can't do. So the following month here will also be an experiment in existing in a different environment and how I can use that environment in my experiments. I will be intervening with the weather when I can to accentuate natural forces or to see things differently; recording ephemeral or invisible factors in the world. Making something that is invisible, visible. A kind of spatial inquisition.

No comments:

Post a Comment